Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Prepare For A Lot More Yellow in 2014

     It has been announced that in 2 years, the world's favorite sponge will be returning to the big screen! This comes 10 years after the first Spongebob Squarepants Movie floated to theaters back in 2004.
     Even though I no longer watch the newer episodes- I'm still an avid Spongebob fan, since he has been on the air since I was in pre-Kindergarten. Yes, Spongebob is so old the show has spanned 2 generations of kids, but everything, no matter how popular, soon comes to a decline. So is Spongebob's popularity thinning out?
     I will definitely see the new movie, but will most people from the early 2000's Spongebob era still show up? This is the only thing that concerns me about this new movie. Spongebob may have gotten more popular overseas, but is he bigger here in 2012 than he was in 2002? Will he still be relevant in 2014 when most old fans are and will be approaching their 20's? I hope Paramount and Nickelodeon will not be making this new movie for extra money, but to really help start off their new animation department and to keep Spongebob relevant.
     As for what we can expect in this movie, all I can say is Spongebob and Patrick, since no plot has been reveled. I have faith in this movie and I am sure it will be funny for kids and adults like the last one. Expect Spongebob Squarepants Movie  2 in late 2014.

2 comments:

  1. I don't know what to expect; in my opinion, the newer episodes aren't as good as the older ones, even though I as well no longer watch the show(I tested this by asking my younger siblings who have seen both old and new episodes to tell me their favorite ones, and most of then were ones I remember). But no doubt, Spongebob is still a huge show for Nick, considering most - if not all - shows from its era have since gone off the air. The profits it makes off of merchandise to suddenly be gone would be a huge loss, so keeping up the show is a necessary asset. I guess we'll see if it drops off, or if it lives on like few animated characters before it, and joins the ranks with Mickey Mouse.

    ReplyDelete
  2. True Scott! I guess we'll see. I think Nick wants to keep him relevant, but hopefully this movie will be quality and not for money.

    ReplyDelete